IT Academy STEP Cambodia is a branch of an international training center, IT Academy STEP, that was established in 1999 in Ukraine. Since the war in Ukraine was started by the Russian Federation on February 24, 2022, many of our colleagues lost their homes, loved ones and some lost their lives. Some of IT Academy STEP branches are destroyed completely.
However, IT Academy STEP keeps working even during this devasting crisis, creating free online lessons for Ukrainian children on Youtube, as well as giving access to online learning with the Unicorn school.
International branches of IT Academy STEP in Switzerland, Bulgaria, Slovakia, Czech Republic, and Poland work directly with the refugees. IT Academy STEP Cambodia joins an initiative to collect devices, such as tablets, smartphones and laptops to support Ukrainian refugee children in Poland, many of whom lost everything.
The number of Ukrainian refugees in Poland has exceeded 2 million people, which is already more than the number of inhabitants of Warsaw, the capital of Poland. Most of the refugees are women with children, elderly people, and also children, who lost their parents. Polish people are doing amazing work at accommodating refugees and helping them to settle by providing accommodation, food, and medical support.
But they need more help.
Children are safe, they have a place to sleep and eat, but many suffer after the traumatic experience and need psychological help. One of the easiest ways is to get them back to a normal routine, by having access to education and regular entertainment.
That is why we aim to collect 100 tablets (any brand) to give to the children this opportunity.
With those tablets, children will be able to learn online in Ukrainian, read books, watch cartoons, and play games.
Those tablets would be distributed to children from 5 to 15 y.o., staying in the refugee center in Walbrzych city, with the help of a volunteer, Yulia . The tablets will be handed to children for personal use, as well as will be used during the joint online lessons. This will be performed by the Walbrszych Social Service to ensure transparency and compliance. Please watch this video from the Mayor of Walbrzych explaining their work in the city.
We have 2 options:
- Collect financial donations, then purchase tablets in Poland with the delivery to the refugee camp
- Ship tablets directly there, if you can purchase those and arrange the delivery.
What can you do:
- Donate money to an ABA bank account in Cambodia or an ABN Amro bank account in the Netherlands. We will arrange purchase and delivery online.
- Collect tablets and arrange shipment directly to Yulia, who is staying in the refugee camp so she can distribute them.
- If you wish to support other activities, please donate to Yulia, who is currently there. Those funds would be used for medical supplies to be transported to Ukraine.
How can you trust this is a serious project?
- Yulia, who is in Poland now, is a Ukrainian by roots, who was raised in Canada. Has moved to Poland to help refugees since the first days of the war. You can follow her activities on Facebook and check her GoFund.Me page. Yulia has years of working experience in NGOs across the globe. Please watch this video about her work.
- Natalja, managing director of IT Academy STEP Cambodia, working in Education since 2015. A Latvian citizen, working in Cambodia and directly supporting this project.
If you want to help or have more questions: email@example.com