IT Academy STEP offers individual computer courses to learn or improve particular computer skills. Computer courses are conducted in an individual form, that is, one on one with a teacher. The first lesson is a trial: you can get acquainted with a teacher, ask questions of interest and discuss your wishes and available time. The average duration of courses is 2-3 months. At the end of the course, students receive IT Academy STEP certificates. In case if you take an authorized course – you also receive the corresponding international professional certificate.
This course is designed for students who want to learn how to use computers and does not have any experience. You will learn how to work with Windows operating system, use Microsoft Office programs like Word, Excel and Powerpoint, as well as working on the Internet and other software for confident everyday use of a PC. Students will also receive IT Academy STEP certificate upon completion of the course.
- Introduction to Windows
- Working with the keyboard. Navigating the file system
- Manipulating with files and folders
- Work with the main menu of Windows OS. Work with utilities.
- Work in the local computer network
- Basic skills in the text editor MS Word. Adjust the page settings. Set and edit text
- Manipulation with text fragments. Using basic formatting tools.
- Professional documents formatting
- Working with tables and graphic elements
- Printing a document. Special features of MS Word.
- Introduction to PowerPoint
- Basic working skills with MS Excel
- Working with Formulas and Functions
- Registration of spreadsheets. Manipulation with cells
- Work with the Internet. Browsers and main settings and functions
- E-mail set up.
HTML 5.0 (XHTML)/CSS 3 (basic)
HTML – the language of hypertext markup which main task is to create a logical structure of a web page. The HTML 5.0 / CSS 3 course introduces students to the latest version of the hypertext markup language and cascading style sheets (CSS) for web development. Learning HTML and CSS is very important for everyone who is interested in learning web technologies. During the course you will learn how to build a website from a graphic layout to a finished html-page, as well as how to publish sites on the Internet, work with search engines and web analytics.
- Introduction to web technologies
- Hypertext markup language HTML (xHTML)
- Text formatting
- Hyperlinks. Principles of website navigation
- Graphics in web design
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Block model
- Element Background
- Registration of lists
- Designing sites
- Publication of the site
Adobe Photoshop – the most popular graphics editor. Thanks to this course you will be able to create beautiful images, work with digital photos, create banners for websites and collages.
- Introduction. Basic concepts, interface
- Undo process. Using the tool Brush (Brush)
- Fundamentals of image processing
- Selection. Selection Tools
- Quick Mask and alpha channels
- Working with layers
- Working with the effects of the layer (the concept of Layer Style)
- Text layers
- Correcting Images
- Retouch images
Adobe Illustrator – one of the most popular graphics editing software used all around the world by designers and artists. Thanks to this course you will be able to create images, logos, graphics for print and websites.
- Bezier curves, contours, tracing
- Fundamentals of image processing
- Creating compositions: fills, outline, layers
- Working with texts
Adobe Premiere Pro
This is a short course to teach you basics of video shooting and editing, providing you only useful skills you will be able to apply right away.
- Adobe Premiere Pro interface
- How to create a project, basics of editing and story telling.
- keyframes and transitions
- basics of montage
- Editing and music to create different mood and styles
- Text on Video
- Animating and creating motion graphics
- How to create a composition, being familiar with tools and key frames.
- simple effects